About the Author
Dorothea Warren was born on January 31, 1914 in Birmingham, Alabama. She attended Birmingham-Southern College, married Charles Fox in 1940, and had four children. She worked as a commercial artist and illustrator.
The rumor is true! Purple House Press has reprinted this classic. New copies are now available for $17.95!
* designates a title still in print
- Follow Me, the Leader. Parents Magazine Press, 1968.
- * Miss Twiggley's Tree. Parents Magazine Press, 1966, 2002.
Illustrated by Fox
- Pitts, Lilla Belle. Singing As We Play. Ginn And Company, 1957.
- Spock, Dr. Benjamin. The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care. Duell, Sloan & Pearce, 1946.
- Streeter, Edward. Merry Christmas, Mr. Baxter. Harper & Brothers, 1956
- Streeter, Edward. Mr. Hobbs' Vacation. Harper & Brothers, 1954.
- Winn, Marcia. We Learn About Ourselves. Primer for Parents: A Guide to the First Six Years of Life. Encyclopedia Britannica, 1954